I'm trying to limit the cpu usage of an legacy Clipper application vía WSRM (Windows System Resource Manager). The app hogs the CPU to 100% usage, then I tried with:
- Installing WSRM
- Creating a new Process Matching Criteria (TestProc), including the files C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTVDM.EXE, C:\TEST\TL_BLI.EXE (the damn 16-bit program). I tried adding the programs manually and selecting by "Running Process" and "Application"
- Adding the group "Everyone" to the criteria
- Creating a new Resource Allocation Policy (TestPolicy), adding the TestProc criteria, and setting the CPU to 20%
- Setting the WSRM Management state to "Running"
- Setting the WSRM Management type to "Manage"
- Setting the WSRM Current resource allocation policy to "TestPolicy"
- Restarting WSRM
But no luck, the process (C:\TEST\TL_BLI.EXE) continues to run "in the wild" to 100 % CPU, running locally or via Remote Desktop.