We are up to three Windows Home Servers on site. They happily sit unassumingly in the corner of the server room each backing up a combination of 10 computers/servers.
Benefits of WHS.
- Daily incremental image based backups of each machine.
- Saves disk space by consolidating duplicate bits across images.
- Easy access to files within an image through a fool proof UI.
- Simple image based recovery, again, through a fool proof UI.
- Did I mention a fool proof UI? I mean the thing is dead simple to use for backup AND recovery.
Our only problem at this point is keeping a list tracking which WHS a given network computer was originally connected to. I'd love something as simple but that can handle 30+ machines at once. Is there anything out there?