I've got a client PC that CAN ping the server, but not connect to the share via 'My Computer' This happens with only one server, the Client can connect to shares on other servers. The Client will try for a moment, then say that the target is unavailable.
Security on this particular share is 'Everybody' has Read/Write/List. Other Clients can connect fine. I've verified Name resolution via NSLOOKUP and PING and both are successful.
I've tried both \computername\sharename and \ipaddress\sharename and neither work.
The Client is XP Pro SP3. The Server is WinNT SP6 (I know, I know, but it supports an legacy app that will not run under Win2K3/2k8, the server is running under a VM) I have 20 other XP Clients that CAN connect, and this Client can connect to at least 4 other servers, although I do not have any other WinNT servers to test, so I'm testing against 2K3/2K8 servers.