I'm trying to connect to my SQL Server on my VPS but i can't get this to work.
- I have enabled the TCP/IP protocol on SQL.
- I also have the SQL Server and SQL Browser service running as a network service.
- I turned off my firewall on my server and on the client (I won't keep it like this it's just for testing).
After doing all this it still doesn't work.
It seems that i can't reach port 1433 or 1434 either:
C:\>telnet myserver 1433 Connecting To mrsoundless.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1 434: Connect failed C:\>telnet myserver 1434 Connecting To mrsoundless.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1 433: Connect failed
Could someone explain why this could be happening?
- Note1: I'm new to MSSQL.
- Note2: The server is a VPS for personal use.
- Note3: I use SSMS to try to connect to SQL Server 2008 Express