I'm looking to start using an SMTP or mail relay service. I've found quite a few out there, but I'm not sure if there are advantages to one vs another. The only requirements I have are:
- can send "from" more than 1 domain (possibly >20 for all the different sites I work on)
- can pay for a higher limit (I may need to send as many as 15000 in 1 day, although the average is <500)
- can send from PHP (although I doubt this will be a problem as most are compatible with any language)
I'm okay with an SMTP service, mail relay service or a site that uses a custom API, although an API would make the conversion more difficult.
Mostly I'd use the server for sending out individual emails, like a registration confirmation or similar. Although once in a while, I might need it to send out a mass email to up to 15000 email addresses.
Reasons for wanting to do this:
- I don't want to host any mail services my self as they just cause head aches
- I don't have to worry about being blacklisted. If they are blacklisted they will know about it and have the knowledge to get it fixed.
- Reporting on if emails have gone through would be nice.