I've got a 2wire router for uverse and I haven't been able to connect via RDP through this router. Here are the steps I've followed
- Setup a windows 7 box with RDP, patched and up to date
- Disabled the firewall temporarily on the windows 7 box
- Placed server in DMZ (2wire calls it DMZPlus or something)
- Attempted to RDP into the server.
It connects, authenticates (it will even alert me if the auth is invalid) and attempts to bring up the desktop but fails and says something along the lines of "encryption has failed, disconnecting". I'll update the question when I'm able to see the exact message again.
- Attempted to RDP into the server from another PC on the LAN, successful
So now I'm unable to completely connect to the RDP box remotely. I'll update the question with more precise settings and error messages when I get back to the server later on, but for now I'm looking for suggestions as to what to try.
The server and client are both windows 7 running the latest version of RDP and are fully patched.