I've looked hard at other threads similar to this, but still can't find anyone with a good recommendation for a cross-platform (OSX, Windows) team workflow in InDesign that is easy and doesn't require users to work directly off a network share.
Does anyone have any real world experience supporting a check-in / check-out system for InDesign such as this:
- designer gets latest project files from network share or version control system to OSX
- designer works on files locally
- designer commits work back to the network share or version control system
- editor gets latest project files from network share or version control system to Windows
- editor works on files locally
- editor commits work back to the network share or version control system
I'm considering Subversion since there are multiple clients across both platforms. I use SVN for our app dev teams and love it. But would the repository get bloated with nothing but large binary files being committed all the time? Can I disable versioning and just have it keep the last version (no worse than a network share)?
The point is to have a system where people can work locally, not have to worry about overwriting each other's work, and easily get and commit changes.