You have answered my question, but I now have more detailed ones that I need answered.
In short, I need a server that is high on HDD capacity to record RTP streams from many IP cameras. I asked my first question here and now I have some more...
First I found that this motherboard: Intel Server Board S3420GPV is good for what I need. Also, Western Digital RE4 2TB seams to be a good option for HDD... Are they?
- How many 2TB disks can I fit in this configuration, and which operating system I need to run that (system that can allocate all that HDD space)?
- How can expand to more? I just plug RAID controller and connect new disks to it?
- Now, if I can put 8 2TB disks in this, that would be great (more, even greater), what about the power unit? How do I calculate how many Wats I need to power my disks?
- What case would I use for this? Can I use a cheep one, or I must buy a special one to house all disks and server motherboard?
- What RAID should I use to maximize HDDs speed?
And that's all I guess...
All answers will be +1 for the effort. Thanx!