We have used an old version of Norton Ghost to do backups and restores of computers. There are few groups of computers with the same hardware and we have used multicast. We have had Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Fedora Linux on each computer. Unfortunately we have to install Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2. Unfortunately, our version of Norton Ghost doesn't have support for these systems.
- We need license for about 200 computers.
- We have to do restore once a week.
- We don't have time, hardware, network or hands to do it without multicast.
- We need support for old and new versions of Windows and the common distributions of Linux.
- The initiation of restoring system on client have to start form boot CD.
Well. It looks Fog and Clonezilla need a network boot. New version of Norton Ghost will be probably good enough. I have found there is a proprietary software from Acronis too. Unfortunately, it is probably quite expensive.
Well, any idea?