I have a 7200 rpm SATA disk array attached via SCSI with 15 disks. I am trying to figure out what would be the best way to configure RAID for my back-end Exchange 2003. I have 4 mail stores (not including the public folders), but I am thinking 1 big raid 10 array for the stores and some sort of other raid for the logs.
Maybe 5 drives in RAID 10 with one spare, and RAID 10 over 4 disks for the logs?
With the size of the drives, space isn't really an issue, I am trying to maximize speed well still having redundancy.
Anyone have any recommendations? Or perhaps some counters I should get to make this decision?
Current Setup (I don't currently know what raid is in use with these physical levels): A Physical Array with the logical Drives: C: E: F:
- Contains the Logs and Transactions Logs (Transaction Logs are about 1 GB a day)
- 22 GB Mailstore (11 Mailboxes)
- 54 GB Mailstore (108 Mailboxes)
- 1 GB Public Folders
Another Physical Array with the logical drive G:
- 66 GB Mailstore (90 Mailboxes)
- 9 GB Mailstore (11 Mailboxes)