Hi I already have an SVN server set up on a windows server machine (got it by inheritance) on this same machine I also have got cruisecontrol running.
First i'm going to separate cruisecontrol from SVN - SVN is so important I'm not going to let cruisecontrol run on this very same server!!!
- I plan to migrate from windows (couple of years hardware) to centos, do I need new hardware? (my sysadmin recommends that - less serverfaults... more support)
- What are Minimal Hardware requirements for svn server + cruisecontrol on secondary vm?
So my plan is this:
- Leave the SVN server on windows server for beginning.
- Move cruisecontrol into a virtual server, what should be the minimal requirements? (I want it to be centos) of the hardware like? 1GB memory? 100GB disk? what else?
- On that very same virtual machine put a back of the svn server + data in case the main svn server has an error - standby SVN server.
- Get a new machine for SVN server (do I need a new machine?) or can I get away with an older one? (my sysadmin told me that we need to buy a new machine as the hardware is old - a couple of years, more prone to failures and also less support). on that new machine install centos and install the svn server that will be the main svn server.
Anyone has any recommendations for me? Thanks