I am experiencing strange latency on my mac mini (os x 10.5.6) when I'm using my wireless internet. It has "full bars".
- It only happens on the mac mini, not on the other two windows computers that are on the same wireless.
- It goes away once I plug my mac mini into my vista box using ICS. (using a crossover cable).
The latency is:
pingstalls for 3 to 5 seconds before it runs like normal at 150ms.
- Loading websites stall for 3 to 5 seconds then appear to load normally.
digdoesn't seem to stall at all, returns results in 150ms.
Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?
Things have I already tried:
- I have have done the standard reboot everything cycle.
- I have powered off all wireless adapters in the entire house. (and nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away)
- I have turned off IPv6 (I have never had it on)
- Could this be just the way OS X show wireless signal? (ie. show full bars when the signal isn't really that strong)
My wireless router has failed. I replaced it with a new one and the problem is gone.