This is different from a previous question.
When preparing to replace/upgrade hardware, what benefits/considerations should be taken on leasing the equipment vs buying it?
Some advantages I've seen:
- the vendor is responsible if something goes "wrong"
- fixed monthly expenses
- the equipment is "mine"
- one-time cost can be depreciated for accounting purposes
- have to replace equipment or renew the lease at the end of the term
- over the life of the lease, total cost is higher than the initial cost of buying
- all maintenance is our responsibility (outside of support-contract coverages)
- tracking the life of the equipment could be more difficult
What other considerations should there be?