sorry in advance for such a basic question...
I have the following daisychain:
Phone Socket <-> DSL modem <-> AirPort Extreme <-> DLINK 4 port hub
I followed only the very basic setup instructions for both AirPort and DLINK.
AirPort is successfully assigning dynamic 10.0.1.x/40 addresses to wireless devices:
- iPhone - can access internet :^)
- iPad - can access internet :^)
- WiFi radio - can play internet streams :^)
- a Laptop (Win XP), using WiFi :^)
DLINK is sucessfully assigning dynamic 192.168.0.10x addresses to hardwired devices:
- Desktop PC (Win 7)- can access internet :^)
- A network attached storage unit - can be accessed by PC :^)
- The same laptop as above, if I turn off the WiFi and connect hardwired - can access internet :^)
Devices connected by WiFi cannot "see" devices hardwired. For example:
- If the laptop is on WiFi (AirPort), I cannot RDC the desktop PC, but I can if I disable the WiFi and hardwire the laptop to the DLINK
I cannot VNC the desktop PC from the iPad
However, I can PING the wireless the devices (10.0.1.x) from the PC (192.168.0.10x)
I guess my question is: how do I set up the AirPort and/or DLINK so I can communicate "upstream" from the AirPort-attached-devices to the DLINK-attached-devices?