I'm looking for the backup software for Windows servers aswell as for the workstations.
We always used Acronis but backup&recovery 10 is slow as hell and has too many bells and whistles (i.e. their new metainfo) so I would be really happy to throw it away.
The software requirements:
- should work on win7 aswell as on win server 2008 r2
- should be simple and fast, we are backing up only the individual files, no partition backups, but it would be nice to store only a changed parts of the large files instead of storing changed files fully when doing incrementals
- backing up the open/busy files is required. also on the encrypted (truecrypt/bestcrypt) drives, where windows volume shadow copy doesn't work.
- no any complex backup metadata, if I remove all backups from the backup folder, it should automatically understand the full backup is required, then do an incrementals until I clear/rotate the backup folder again. I would like to control backup rotation manually instead of using any complex rotation and consolidation systems.
- backup encryption (including the filenames) - aes256+password.
- tape support is nice but not required. We do backups only to the network and local drives.
- mounting backups as a drives is nice but also not necessary.
So something like Acronis TrueImage 9 or before. More simple - much better. Client/server is not required.