We are a group of 3 students, we created a facebook application with more than 753,320 active users right now, application hosted on LAMP 1&1 server :
- AMD Opteron 1352 4 x 2,1 GHz - 4 GB RAM. - 2 x 750 Go (RAID 1 Hardware). - Connection : 100 Mbps.
This application work very well, without any problem.
We are preparing a new application, and we expect millions of active users after few months.
Application information :
- Created with PHP / MySQL.
- Each user can run a minimum of 25 queries per usage.
- Serve many static files (images, flash files, css, js).
- This application contain 8 sections, for example games, gifts etc...
We want to know the right architecture for this application server.
- How many servers we need to host it ?
If we host php files on this server :
- Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor 4x2.66 GHz
- 12GB RAM
MySQL remote Server, and Static files on each Server with the same configuration.
Can the application handle millions of requests daily ?
- What is your suggestion for this kind of applications ?, can anyone tell me details of the suggested architecture ?
Thanks in advance.