Myself and a coworker are both Site Admins for every site collection we've got. Well, until Friday night. Most admin privileges were disabled for two entire site collections. There is no custom code running anywhere in MOSS, and there are no workflows set up at all.
On both of the affected site collections, my Site Actions menu shows these options:
- View All Site Content
- View Reports
- Checked Out To Me
- Last Modified By Me
- Pending Approval
- My Tasks
- All Draft Documents
- Going Live Within Next Seven Days
- Expiring Within Next Seven Days
- Manage Content and Structure
We were thinking it was some sort of licensing issue where an expired license key simply removes admin privileges (allowing your content to sill be accessible) while not allowing you to edit stuff.
Here's the site collection layout:
- Root site collection (still have access)
- Site Collection 1 (no access)
- Site Collection 2 (no access)
- Site Collection 3 (still have access)
- Site Collection the rest (still have access)
I ran the enumsites operation of stsadm on the root site collection, and the output shows that my coworker is the owner and I am secondary owner (Admin and Secondary Admin match in Central Administration for all site collections). It matches the output from two weeks ago exactly (I have it to compare to).
Any ideas? Other spots I should check within Central Admin?