I have set up a Windows Server 2008 Core Edition, with a local administrator account only. I have set up (I think) remote connection and remote administration (following this).
I have set up RSAT on my Windows 7 Professional desktop, and i am logged with a local administrator account.
Remote desktop works all right, but I cannot get to use most of the administration tools:
- I have access to Services and can stop/start services remotely.
- I have access to the Task Manager.
- I cannot use the Disk Manager (complains about access rights).
- I cannot use the Users and Local Groups (access denied).
- I cannot use the Device Manager (access denied).
I tried establishing a remote smb connection using
net use \\
\IPC$ /u:Administrator *, to no avail.
Any idea ?