Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Can you help me with my software licensing question?

So I have a hosting business and I tired of paying M$ an up front payment for Windows Server Web 2008, it screws up the cashflow something fierce. Is there a monthly service out there, I know SPLA is out there but I didn't see any monthly options. Aparently also M$ will not allow me to do Volume Licensing because I provide hosting to the public. Ideas?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Iain Feb 11 '12 at 16:34

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

You need to contact an MS Licensing vendor about this. – ThatGraemeGuy Sep 25 '10 at 11:51
SPLA also offers 1 and 3 year options. Otherwise SPLA is ONLY about monthly payment, sorry. How could you miss that? – TomTom Sep 25 '10 at 14:31
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Look closer at SPLA:

Cash Flow Management: With SPLA, you have minimal start-up costs, since you only pay for licenses based on what you make available to provide services each month

share|improve this answer
THanks I wasn't totally sure how this worked, I will post results on pricing when i get them from the vendors. – Al Katawazi Sep 26 '10 at 12:35

Maybe I'm not understanding what it is you're "hosting" or you're misunderstanding the SPLA program. What is it exactly that you're "hosting".

share|improve this answer
This is the way to go. From the link above: "Microsoft SPLA is the only Microsoft Volume Licensing program that allows Microsoft products to be used for commercial hosting." – Cypher Sep 25 '10 at 17:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.