We currently use a BulletProof FTP server on Windows. While it works well enough I have no real need to have an FTP server running on a Windows platform that I have to patch/secure, etc.
What I would REALLY like is an FTP server running under a VMWARE appliance...but I'll settle for just a great FTP server that is easy to configure with a decent GUI interface for administration.
- Linux based
- Runs under VMWARE
- GUI interface for administration
- Easy setup for users (new users, passwords, etc.)
- Easy folder setup with automatic permissions
- Expiring accounts/one-time use accounts
NICE THINGS TO HAVE:
- AD Integration in addition to local accounts
- GUI interface for clients (web interface)
- Automatic email notification to clients with username/password
- SFTP (secure/SSL)
- Administrative notifications (login reports, disk usage, etc.)