Also, what the minimal memory required to run CentOS, Apache, MySQL, PHP together?
If it matters, the current target is a VPS provider named SliceHost on a 256Mb RAM slice/VM.
Here's my notes so far:
- Use 32-bit instead of 64-bit if possible.
- Disable all unnecessary services.
- Cache page loads using: mod_cache, XCache, or .
- Disable all unnecessary modules.
- Review Lighttpd and nginx to see if they meet your requirements
- SQLite (runs under PHP process) -- In my case I need MySQL for Drupal, but the next release is suppose to support SQLite.
- PHP-FPM with daily cron to restart.
- Haven't found anything, except a caching module, which appears to be no better than using Apache. Since Apache's more secure I'd rather use that unless I'm miss understanding something.
- Install: Web-based_webadmin_Tools(phpMyAdmin,webmin,etc.), FTP, Mail-Server, Mail/Spam_Server, Anti-Virus, VNC
Any suggestions? If my list is missing something, or wrong -- let me know. Also, is it possible to even run LAMP on 256 on a low load site? Thanks!*