I'm trying to decide on which of these to use. The ones I know about are:
Now ideally I'd like the following features:
- Ideally to be able to boot a real partition rather than a file representing a virtual hard disk (so it's readable and writable by the host OS);
- Have good networking support (for example, setting up virtual interfaces for KVM such that they can use DHCP to get a "real" IP address was painful);
- Has good performance, using the VT hardware support where available;
- Supports 64-bit guests;
- Has a good graphical administrator tool; and
- Has good support for scripting guest creation.