IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003 - Individual websites won't remained stopped after a IIS restart.
We still run some old vb6/asp sites that require us to register / un-register the dlls.
Here is the steps that usually work:
- stop the site associated with my dll.
- restart iis (so it can unlock the dll, all other sites come back up, this one SHOULD remain stopped)
- un-register the dll
- register new dll
- play/start website
This has worked for 4 years. All of the sudden step 2 no longer behaves the same. When I stop the site, restart iis, it starts right up.
Changes that have occurred recently to the server :
- Performed the recent asp.net security patches.
- Administrator Profile was lost and recreated when RDP from Windows 7 (i posted that here as well)
- 1 of 2 drives that are mirrored have failed on this machine.
If any one has ideas / suggestions let me know.