I don't know much about ActiveDirectory and here is my scenario
- I am connected to a "real" domain, which my company's domain.
- I am trying to develop an NTLM authentication solution with my webapp using Java Active Directory integration http://www.ioplex.com/jespa.html,
- so I figure I need to have an ActiveDirectory that I can fully control, the "virtual" one.
- I installed Windows 2008 Server R2 on Virtual box, running as domain controller.
- At this point, I thought I need to create another VM, say Windows7 VM which authenticates against that "virtual" ActiveDirectory, and where I will do my development.
Do I really need to do step 5 above? And what's the easiest way to do this? I have ActiveDirectory Lightweigth Services running on my physical box, and I think it does not help in this situation.