Take the 2-minute tour ×
Server Fault is a question and answer site for professional system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Two PHP products installed on a basic Centos LAMP stack running DirectAdmin:

  • Drupal
  • Media Wiki

Issue In Media Wiki, I edit an existing page but cannot preview or save it. I get "page cannot be found". In recent log entries I see 501.shtml. This does not happen on all pages, in fact on very few.

I just looked on a Drupal site where I know I have seen this, I spot checked 20+ pages and found it on one. It is a page that has code (in code tags). I took the page that exists, that just cannot be edited and copied the body to a new node, and it will not let me save it. Then I took the body contents and tried to create a new node on another Drupal website, It will not let me save it. So there is some content in there, Drupal and evidently mediawiki do not like. All the code is in tags.

This is what is causing it to not save:

Added to template.php just above tertiary content

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing these pages to fail for two unrelated pieces of software?

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

What happens on new Drupal/Mediawiki installs? These 2 errors sound like they might be a configuration problem - from what I hear it might just be a coincidence and not an issue with the server configuration.

share|improve this answer
    
Yeah, I suspect it has something to do with the server config, but no idea where to begin. I have had UTF-8 encoding issue before, but not for sometime. This particular server is almost a clone of another serve running almost the same centos base that is recommended for DirectAdmin, but there are no issues there. –  user57616 Oct 19 '10 at 20:35
    
Sorry, missed the first question. Let me check and post back. –  user57616 Oct 19 '10 at 20:39
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.