I have several websites running in Sharepoint, with the following urls:
http:// svsp1:2001 http:// svsp1:2002
(SVSP1 being the server's name, and the respective ports)
And now I need to test some of them using a real Blackberry, so i've set up a wifi router on the internal network to connect the blackberry.
The issue I'm having is that from the router I cannot ping svsp1, but I'm able to ping svsp1.domain.local (domain.local being the ad's name on the network), but that's not a solution because when I access the url with this full name, sharepoint does not recognize it.
More info regarding the internal infrastructure:
Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 and Sharepoint 2007 Router: Cisco Linksys WRT120N Cell: Blackberry Curve 8520
I tried first testing from the blackberry tool (search DNS), but it was giving an error. Then I tried pinging the server from the router admin page (Diagnostics), just to isolate the problem, and it cannot resolve.
Set the field "Domain Name" to match the local network domain (here was company.local), and then it will start suffixing it to the requests.
I managed to workaround by changing the public URL for the websites from http:// svsp1:2001 to http:// svsp1.company.local:2001 . As we call here in Brazil, it's a POG.