- VM with 20 gb of HD space and secondary hard drive with 3 gb.
- Windows Server 2003 and Sql 2005
- Weekly Full backups with Backupexec
- Nightly Diff. backups with Backupexec
- Daily 15 min. log file backups maintenance plan
I'm backing up my 15 min log file backups to the secondary 3gb hard drive. What do I do with them after the Nightly Differential backup? Right now my log file backup is adding onto itself, do I just move it to a different server right after the differential with a scheduled task? Will the maintenance plan be able to just start right back up after I move the no longer applicable log file backup?
I've read a lot of the posts on here, sql books online, sql fansites, even YouTube and this seems to be the easiest approach save for this last piece of the puzzle. I'm testing it on this little server before I implement this on my bigger servers.