Can you help me with my software licensing question?
Related to Windows web server for in-house apps?, but with a twist.
Is a W2K8 Web Server licence acceptable for a web-based application with the following features:
- Externally accessed by users with application-level username/password authentication and impersonation.
- Internally accessed by users with domain accounts, using integration authentication but also configured to use impersonation.
- Connecting to a separate SQL Server 2008 cluster with processer licences. No other access to SQL apart from administration.
- Load balanced with WLBS over two nodes.
- Do I need user CALs for the internal users?
- Do I need user or device CALs for the Windows installs on the database servers? Or an external connector license? Or does impersonation cover this (single domain account accessing the database)?