After 2 years, today I found out that the cause of the problem is because the FTP timestamps are set to GMT instead of following the correctly set timezone as highlighted in this URL
But in the URL, the change was done to the
/etc/proftpd.conf. This Linux server is using vsftpd. So there is a slight change to the solution.
vsftpd configuration file and append this to it
use_localtime=YES. Then restart
Here is a more detailed step I did:
- Logged in as a non-root user
ftpd it is runnning. For this server it is using
$ ps -ef | grep ftpd
Make a copy of the configuration file.
Use an editor to edit the
vsftpd configuration file.
$ vim /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
Add the option
use_localtime and set the value to
YES. The default value is
Restart the ftpd service
$ /sbin/service vsftpd restart
$ /sbin/service vsftpd status
Retry login using ftp and check the file timestamp.