I have a POP3 from ISP servicing about 1/2 of my organization.
I set up Exchange in our 30 person headquarters. I found a script that downloads from the POP3 on ISP to Exchange server. Everyone here is set up and working.
However, when I mail to our domain, the mail needs to goto the ISP's POP3 server, but instead looks on the Exchange address book and finds nothing.
Our internal domain is domainname.local. The company is domainname.com. I set up on reciepient policies, that our primary is domain.com. Domain.local is also on there.
Mail to other domains works fine. I need to find a way in exchange to force email for us to look up the MX record and goto the POP3 server.