Did you check the installer log file? Start the installation using:
msiexec.exe /i yoursetupfile.msi /lvoicewarmupx logfile.txt
After installation, search the log file for errors and warnings.
(Note: you obviously need write permissions for the path to log file)
I presume you already googled for 1603, but here are some notes (found on MSDN) anyway:
You may receive this error message if any one of the following conditions is true:
- The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
- The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
- The SYSTEM account does not have full control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.
Some additional information can be found on InstallShield site (although your installer is not InstallShield based):
- Short file name creation is disabled on the target machine.
- An InstallScript custom action is prototyped incorrectly.
- Some file is locked and cannot be overwritten.
- The Microsoft Windows Installer service is not installed correctly.
- The Windows Temp folders are full.
- File and Printer sharing is not enabled or was not installed when installing Windows.