I would like to have a single webserver with a single certificate that hosts the following domains:
In theory, I could create a certificate with the following characteristics:
- Subject contains (*.)onenameofthecompany.com
- SubjectAlternateName contains:
I tested this setup with and it seems to be working in a recent version of Firefox and IE8.
- Should I expect client compatibility problems with this setup? Any known issues with e.g. IE6 or other older browsers?
- Should I put *.onenameofthecompany.com or simply onenameofthecompany.com to the Subject field in the certificate? (I know that in theory, when SubjectAlternateNames are present in a certificate, the browser should ignore the subject, in practice, I wish I knew what happens)
- Are there any widely-trusted CAs who could create such a certificate for me?