DISCLAIMER: This is a cross post from superuser because after I posted on superuser I started to think it was sent to the wrong site. I hope that's ok.
How do you best take an existing shared drive and turn it into an alfresco one?
Our office uses one central shared drive to store the following:
- Administration Documents.
- Employee Schedule (in Excel)
- Software/drivers and their installers
- Application specific data (proprietary formats)
- Video archive (Some videos need to be indexed but most are only to be saved for a month then deleted)
I think the searching, checkin / checkout and versioning would be invaluable to us but I can not see our department changing their current workflow. So I need to just take the existing share drive (with it's current structure) and dump it into alfresco. Then can I start telling them about checkouts and searching and stuff.
Any ideas or comments?