We have an Exchange Server 2010 that seems to be running fine.
Currently, we have most people able to connect to Exchange via various means and have a rich exchange email experience. Two of our users can't connect, though -> and I'm hoping someone can help explain some steps I can take to troubleshoot the server problems (assuming it's a server configuration issue).
Firstly, the following people can connect fine to Exchange 2010
- Dad: iPhone (3Gs) + Mac Air (using Mail)
- Mum: iPad (wifi) + iPhone (3G)
- Sister: iMac (using Mail)
- Wife: iMac (using Mail) and iPhone (3G) and iPad(wifi)
- Everyone: OWA (any web browser)
Now, when I and my sister use our iPhone's (3Gs and 4G respectively) it keeps failing to connect.
It starts out saying:
Exchange Account. Unable to verify account information.
I'm assuming that i've entered our username/passwords correctly. I've also checked this by logging onto OWA with my username/password .. to confirm my credentials.
Now -> there's only ONE similarity between all these devices.
- The ones that work -> our exchange account is the ONLY mail account on those devices.
- For myself, I have another exchange account already in my phone. For my sister, she has an existing GMail account setup on her phone. So we're both trying to add a SECOND email account to our phones. Sounds weird, but that's the only pattern I can see.
So - i'm assuming this is some weird Exchange Server configuration issue. I'm not sure how I can see what is happening on the server.
Can someone suggest some things I can tick on/turn to verbose to get some info about what is happening, please - so I can troubleshoot any mobile user connection attempts?