My Problem is that I am having trouble installing and using a new color scheme for VIM 7.2.
Here's what I'm doing to install the new color scheme:
- I navigate to the terminal on my local machine: Ubuntu 10.04 > Main Menu > Applications > Accessories > Terminal
- I then SSH into a development machine.
- Next I download (for example) wombat.vim from here: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1778
- Then I move wombat.vim to ~/.vim/colors
- Finally I add the following to my .vimrc file:
Here's what it should look like: http://dengmao.wordpress.com/2007/01/22/vim-color-scheme-wombat/ [link for screenshots found on vim.org]
Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ON6SOx5pXtXd_OsEUkW7mL_t_I-kAslfDzoIG27VNGs?feat=directlink
Any help is much appreciated.
$ tput colors
$ echo $TERM