I'm supposed to give an introduction to using the shell (i.e. bash) to total beginners. Which is the most basic/useful stuff I can teach someone within 1 1/2 hours without demanding too much?
Here are some point I thought up:
- Where Am I (pwd)
- Change Directories (cd, cd .., cd -)
- Create Directories (mkdir, mkdir -p)
- Rename Files/Directories (mv)
- copy Files/Directories (cp, cp -r)
- listing directory entries (ls, ls -l, ls -a)
By total beginners I mean total beginners to Unix/Linux in general :-).