We recently migrated form Exchange 2000 (yes I know...) to Exchange 2010 and went through the horror of configuring it. First of all we don't use ForeFront, sadly(?) we can't.
Before I ask my question here is what we've already done:
- We have configured the Organization -> HUB -> SendConnector to be scoped to disallow mailing through us (yet another stupid name for such important option).
- We have installed Anti-SPAM futures (for HUB if that is relevant)
- In Sender ID filter we have set the reject option (without this some spammer was still able to send stuff through our server somehow)
- Content filtering is disabled (it filtered out more good things then bad)
- We've also set Accepted domains to be only from our domain.
So the question is if it is possible to set up filtering so it only works for certain IPs? Specifically to be able to send e-mails with "From" addresses outside of our domain (with Return-Path in our domain) and send e-mails without authorization from a certain IP. Effectively set an option like "we know this IP, we know it sends crap but it's our internal stuff".