I have a question about the dhcp server on linux
Basically my server has 2 interface cards
- eth0 : 192.168.2.201/255.255.255.0
- eth1 : 192.168.4.1/255.255.255.0
- eth1:0 : 10.1.1.0/24
On this server i am running the dhcpd daemon to hand out leases in the 192.168.4.0/24 subnet.
- eth0 : connected to my home router to access internet
- eth1 : connected to a cisco switch (with only default vlan) on port 1 with ip address 10.1.1.10 - this interface is used for communication with the switch for management through telnet
Now when i plug in another computer on any port on the switch i see the following
- the computer gets 169.254 self assigned ip
- i see the DHCP server did hand out a lease (/var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases file)
- under ethernet status on the client computer i see bytes sent but 0 received
Now my question is
To which interface on the linux server does the dhcpd daemon bound to ? Since i see the lease being assigned it is obviously getting the dhcp request yet the lease it sends out is not reaching the client.
Any help would be much appreciated !
thank you, ankit