We moved from Slackware to CentOS here, it was working fine then without notice, php stopped executing external calls such as calls to "wc" and "spamc". All such calls appear on error_log as:
sh: /usr/bin/spamc: Permission denied
The paths are correct. We have the permissions set correctly and apache is supposed to be able to execute the files with no problem. We're NOT on safe_mode and we do not have base_dir set. It is not SELinux, or at least sestatus says SELinux is disabled.
- PHP can't execute anything thru exec() or popen()
- Paths to binaries are correct.
- We are not in safe mode
- We don't have base_dir set
- Permissions on the binaries allow apache user to execute them
- SELinux is disabled
- on php.ini the disable_functions is empty
- We have no clue why it doesn't work
PHP version 5.3.3 and CentOS 5.5
Anyone has a clue of what might be happening? Thanks in advance