I'm having a hard time with SQL Transaction Log Shipping with the following premisses:
- Server A, where data gets loaded to the database
- Server B is on a remote location
- The two servers never share a common network and can communicate via common protocol. (HTTP, Email etc.)
- The internet connection on Server A is slow and only available a few times a month.
- I want to get data from Server A to Server B when an internet connection is available.
The idea i have so far is to make a Transaction Log Shipping setup on Server A and ship to Server B. I've got the setup running on Server A (Taking backups n times a day) but how do i set up Server B to accept the files i get to it (ATM via email)?
If the computers were in network, i could connect to Server B from Server A when making the TLS setup, and get the Server Agent Jobs setup like that. Is there a way to setup Server B separately? Write the Jobs directly on Server B sounds like an easy enough solution but the "Create New Job" dialog isn't very helpful.
Any other ideas or help in this matter is greatly appreciated!
Best regards Niclas Lindqvist