I have SQL 2008 server installed on the local machine with the instance name "SQL2008". I'm trying to connect to it using Management Studio. I can connect with the sa authentication but am unable to connect with the windows authentication.
- The server is installed on the local machine.
- I'm using
<local machine name>\SQL2008to connect
- The error message is "Cannot connect to
<local machine name>\SQL2008" and "Login Failed for user
'<domain>\administrator'. (Error: 18456)
- I'm able to connect with sa authentication
- I'm NOT able to connect with windows authentication
- I'm sure the password for administrator is correct. I have logged on to the machine as administrator with the same credentials
Could someone please give any suggestions? I'm not much experienced with SQL server and this is very urgent. Thanks.