Hi I was wondering what in your opinion is the "best" method for having "everything" backed-up in the following situation.
- We are a SMEs with 10 computers in total.
- Three of those computers are MACs
- The rest are windows (1 vista, 4 win7 and 2 XPs)
I'm very open to what the method should be but you should also consider the follwing:
- Very limited resources
- Quite "small" bandwidth (4 MBs for all (download) 0.4 MBs (upload, yep, thats it)- though this might get, a little bit better)
One of the main thing to back up would be the mails, considerations:
- All windows computers use outlook, mainly 2003
- There is one mac that uses outlook too (for mac of course - not 2011 yet)
We also have to backup the files:
- Not a huge amount
- Very few very big files
- Very organizes (by machine)
What I would like is to hear your opinions as to which would be the best method (or combination of methods - preferably one of course) considering.
We are not sure what do we need and I'm open to suggestions, though an online (cloud based applications) would be great, remember the the bandwidth is unbearable.
Last think to consider, it that we would like to do weekly updates (unless the method is very easy of course).
Thanks in advance!! I tried to be as specific as possible, but if anything is needed I'll gladly update, please ask for any clarification needed!
Please avoid any answers like upgrade all to windows 7 and throw away your macs :) our's may not be an ideal situation, but it is what it is, and right now, it would be impossible for us to change it for a lot of circumstances.