I am running a copy of SQL Server 2008 Standard and trying to setup a new user login for access to a DB through a web app.
- I am using Security -> Logins -> Add login to create the user.
- Login name and password is specified
- Default database has been selected
- I am using a "public" server role
- I am mapping to the DB I require in "User Mapping" and selected it as "db_owner"
...The login/password combination is repeatedly failing on the app, and even when I try to login through SQL Server Management Studio I am receiving:
Login failed for user 'username'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)
What could be the cause of this?