We use SharePoint (MOSS 2007) for storing all of our internal documents, and it works great as a document management system. One of the problems we have though is using the Wiki feature of SharePoint. For the most part, it is lacking the general features that make using a Wiki worthwhile. As a result, we have had several departments just setup ad-hoc MediaWiki servers instead of using SharePoint's built-in functionality.
Are there any third-party add-ons to SharePoint to replace or improve the Wiki? What will SharePoint 2010 bring for improvements in this area?
Some of the features we are looking for are:
- The ability to easily insert images while editing a document
- Attach files to a page or inline
- Improved markup (similar to MediaWiki)
- Navigation and/or table of contents
- Orphaned/Requested page lists