I have a simple setup.
- Server at home has local I.P. 192.168.1.3
- IIS is running on the server and the website is up.
- Windows firewall on the server has an exception rule for port 80 TCP
- Router has static I.P. XX.XXX.XX.XXX
- Router is forwarding TCP port 80 to 192.168.1.3
- My domain registrar is my DNS host and is pointing to the static I.P. XX.XXX.XX.XXX of the router
Here's what I can and can't do.
- I can browse the website from within my home network either by I.P. or domain name.
- I can ping the domain and the I.P. from outside the network (from a computer at work).
- I can't browse the website either by domain name or by I.P.
Wierd. Why I can't browse my website?