My old Svr2003 domain controller is also my DNS and DHCP server (small domain, < 50 users)
Here's what I've done thus far:
- Added new Svr2008 to the domain.
- Prepped domain with adprep (forest and domain)
- Promoted Svr2008 to Domain Controller and installed AD DS.
- Transferred all FSMO roles to new Svr2008 and made Svr2008 a Global Catalog Server as well.
- Confirmed Replication between two domain controllers.
I want to transfer DHCP and DNS to my new Svr2008, decommission Svr2003, and switch the IP address of Svr2008 to match decommissioned Svr2003 (so I don't have to reassign DNS via DHCP). I've also already exported my DHCP to a txt file using
netsh dhcp server export _filename_ command and it is ready to be imported when the new DHCP server role is running on the new Svr2008.
My questions is should I do DNS or DHCP first?
I want to make sure I do this in the right order and properly.