Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is this adapter called?

share|improve this question
up vote 18 down vote accepted

I think the name is "riser card".

Riser card Wikipedia

A riser card is a printed circuit board that picks up a multitude of signal lines (often bused) via a single connector (usually an edge connector) on a mainboard and distributes them via dedicated connectors on the card.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
yes. Riser cards are meant to use full height cards in cases with reduced height. They are often made for their specific case, and cant be used on other boards. – Posipiet Feb 22 '11 at 12:19
Gosh, if I didn't know any better, I swear the photo reminds me of my IBM PS/2... I'm pretty sure it is! – Corey S. Feb 22 '11 at 13:22

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.