Configuration: Windows Server 2008 r2 ADUC, Windows Storage Server 2008, Windows 7 Professional x86 & x64
Scenario: We've been using Windows Storage Server on a NAS device for the last year or two, it has worked great. Over the weekend I received word that one of my guys could not access the shares on this particular server remotely. I had him come into the office today where I sat down to trouble shoot the issue.
The following are true:
- I cannot access shares logged in as his profile on his laptop.
- I am able to access the shares logged in as myself on his laptop.
- I am able to access the shares logged in as him on my laptop.
- I am able to access shares on all other servers logged in as him on his laptop
- I am able to ping and RDP into the Windows Storage Server as himself on his laptop
- Re-imaging his laptop allows him to access the shares while logged in as himself on his laptop.
Normally I would be all fine and good with just re-imaging and calling it a day but now I have another guy that is experiencing the EXACT same scenario two days later. Security logs show audit failures unknown username or bad password (event id 4625)