I’m having an issue with a Canon IR Advanced C2020 on the Mac side. We have the printer connected to the network and printing from Windows machines using the UFRII driver but I can’t seem to get any Macs printing to it. A quick rundown of relevant info:
- It’s assigned a static IP which is pointed to by a hostname.
- It only has UFRII installed, no other printing protocols.
- We haven’t locked any ports on the machine down yet (including LPD/LPR)
- Job accounting is turned on.
- The Mac's are all running 10.6.x with the test machines I've been running at 10.6.6.
Troubleshooting steps taken thus far and their results:
- I was getting an error that stated “Incorrect ID or Password; Specify the correct ID and Password.: 15513” however a Google search around this error wasn’t very helpful. I should also note that no Dept. ID prompt appeared before this error.
- I changed the hostname to an IP address and the error above went away and it started prompting for a Dept. ID again. However when I would print something I would get the following error: “Printer in use. Waiting for the print job to finish” which appeared despite no print jobs running on the printer.
- I’ve tried various different queue names from LP to LP1 to LPD to print and none of them changed the above behavior.
- Disabling the firewall seemed to change the behavior from the 15513 error when a hostname is entered to the print queue error however when I tried that again this morning there was no change so that may have been an unrelated thing.
- I’ve tried the PPD drivers which were useless.
- When I disabled job accounting on the printer and tried to print after re-adding the printer sans job accounting I received the same error that the printer was in use.
I’m really hitting an idea wall and I was hoping someone out there might have an idea as to why this is happening and what I could do to fix it.