I'm trying to migrate all of my domains from DNS Made Easy to Linodes DNS Manager. The easiest way I figured was the "Import a Zone" option on Linode, which works with AXFR. I then did the following (guied by this instructions):
- Activated "Zone Transfer Setting (AXFR ACL)" in the "Advanced DNS Settings"
- Went to "Zone Transfer Configuration" and added a "Zone Transfer Set (ACL)" named "Linode" and in "IPs to allow transfer" I added the ones required by Linode (based on this message: "Your nameserver must allow zone transfers (AXFR) from 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168"), each on its own line.
- I went to my domains list and applied the corresponding AXFR ACL.
- Waited for them to change from "Updating" status to "Active".
- Tried to import any domain zone, using axfr1.dnsmadeeasy.com and axfr2.dnsmadeeasy.com as the "Remote Nameserver", depending on the name server my domain was delegated to.
- Then it happens: Linode gives me a "AXFR Failed or the zone was empty!" error every time, only once I managed to get an "already listed domain" kind of error, because I was trying to import, well, and already (manually) imported domain. However, I could't even get the same error again.
What is that I'm missing?